Familial Hypercholesterolemia from A to Z
Description: Participants learn about the genetic nature of familiar hypercholesterolemia (FH) including the causal genetic mutations, pathophysiology and how to recognize the typical and atypical features of clinical presentation as well as discuss current treatment options.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Learn about the genetic nature of Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH), including the causal genetic mutations
• Understand the pathophysiology of FH
• Recognize the typical and atypical features of the clinical presentation of FH
• Know the current systems to diagnose FH
• Discuss current treatment options for FH, including Lipoprotein apheresis
ASCLS P.A.C.E.® credits are available to laboratory professionals through September 10, 2015.