H. pylori and the Role of Diagnostic Testing
Description: Neil Stollman, MD, discusses the long-term consequence of infection with H. pylori, help attendees understand the difference between Active and Passive testing methods, and review the guideline recommended Test-Treat-Test strategy for H. pylori.
Learning objectives — at the conclusion of this program participants will be able to:
• Provide an overview of H. pylori infection
• Identify the long-term consequences of H. pylori infection
• Outline why it is important to identify and eradicate the H. pylori pathogen
• Explain the Test-Treat-Test Guidelines for dyspepsia and H. pylori
• Describe why Active testing is guideline-preferred over Passive testing for H. pylori