CDC Guidelines for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain
Description: Dr. Jeff Gudin, a nationally recognized leader in pain management and addiction medicine, discusses the need for opioid prescribing guidelines and when to initiate, continue, or terminate opioid treatment. He also recommends best practices for urine drug screening.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Review the need for opioid prescribing guidelines
• Evaluate evidence for non-pharmacologic and non-opioid treatments for pain
• Determine when to initiate, continue, or terminate opioid treatment for chronic pain
• Discuss CDC prescribing guidelines in general
• Recommend best practices for urine drug screening
ASCLS P.A.C.E.® credits are available to laboratory professionals through May 21, 2017.