Procalcitonin: Its role in sepsis and bacterial infection
Description: Dr. Kapoor discusses sepsis and its impact on healthcare. She provides an overview of procalcitonin testing and its clinical utility in the diagnosis and for various infectious disease conditions and sepsis.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Discuss sepsis state and its impact on healthcare
• Provide an overview of molecular basis for increase of procalcitonin in bacterial infections
• Describe procalcitonin assays
• Summarize the clinical utility of procalcitonin assay for various infectious disease conditions
• Explain the role of procalcitonin in antimicrobial stewardship
ASCLS P.A.C.E.® credits are available to laboratory professionals through November 24, 2016.